Mon 06/09/21 @ 10.19 hrs - The birds have been liberated into beautiful sunshine at 10.00. Wind is light North Easterly at 7mph in the channel, turning light South Easterly on the mainland at 4 to 6 mph. Good luck all. Steve White, Race Advisor/ Dom McCoy, Chief Convoyer.
Mon 06/09/21 @ 10.05 hrs - The birds at Guernsey have been liberated at 10.00 hrs, in a light East North East wind. It was a great lib, all birds cleared site within two minutes, really climbed high like little dots! Good luck to all.
Mon 06/09/21 @ 09.57 hrs - Getting eager...
Mon 06/09/21 @ 08.20 hrs - We are expecting a liberation between 09.00 and 10.00 hrs ro make members aware and to be prepared.
Mon 06/09/21 @ 06.56 hrs - 6.54 sun rising and starting to burn early morning mist.
Mon 06/09/21 @ 06.26 hrs - Best start of the day, so far, things looking good.
Sun 05/09/21 @ 13.44 hrs - At approx 13.41 hrs, Sunday afternoon. Visability zero.
Sun 05/09/21 @ 12.59 hrs - This is the liberation site, now, at 12.57.15.
Sun 05/09/21 @ 11.15 hrs - This is the liberation site, just gone past 11.00 hrs.
Sun 05/09/21 @ 08.32 hrs - The weather on Guernsey and in the channel is not good enough to liberate today. The birds are held over until Monday. We will update this message on Monday morning. Steve White Race Advisor/ Dom McCoy Chief Convoyer.
Sun 05/09/21 @ 08.25 hrs - The birds are held over. There will be no liberation today. This is due to inclement weather at the race point.
Sun 05/09/21 @ 07.46 hrs - Weather unsuitable for a liberation at presentm we are fogged in at the moment. We will update this message by 10.00am. Steve White, Race Advisor/Dom McCoy, Chief Convoyer.
Sat 04/09/21 @ 19.41 hrs - Moved a little down in the carpark, birds are settled and all area is coned off.
Sat 04/09/21 @ 18.48 hrs - Beautiful evening.
Sat 04/09/21 @ 18.46 hrs - Beautiful evening.
Sat 04/09/21 @ 11.07 hrs - Unfortunately the birds at Guernsey have been held over. Weather is poor with low cloud and visibility not good enough for a liberation. We also have to take into account are longer flyers. We will review tomorrow morning. Steve White, Race Advisor.
Sat 04/09/21 @ 11.00 hrs - The birds at Guernsey have been held over. There will be no liberation today. This is due to inclement weather at the race point, on the channel and in parts of England.
Sat 04/09/21 @ 10.29 hrs - Unfortunately we still do not have a good enough sky for a liberation. Weather is generally fine and clear on the south coast and up through the UK. Once we have sun on the baskets we will take it from there. Steve White Race Advisor/ Dom McCoy Chief Convoyer
Sat 04/09/21 @ 08.46 hrs - Weather still not fit enough to liberate. South coast improving but we still have heavy cloud on the island and channel. We will update around 10.00am.
Sat 04/09/21 @ 07.39 hrs - Early morning swim.
Sat 04/09/21 @ 07.20 hrs - Visability improving.
Sat 04/09/21 @ 06.45 hrs - Heavy cloud on the island and channel at the moment. We are waiting for this to break up. Update about 09.00. Steve & Dom.
Fri 03/09/21 @ 19.31 hrs - Birds being fed and what a lovely evening: -
Fri 03/09/21 @ 18.16 hrs - Very windy, East North East on site gusting 17 knots. Visability perfect.
Fri 03/09/21 @ 16.44 hrs - Now on route to the liberation point, on Guernsey.
Fri 03/09/21 @ 16.04 hrs - Arrived at Guernsey.
Fri 03/09/21 @ 10.11 hrs - On board.
Fri 03/09/21 @ 08.06 hrs - Arrived at Cosham, Portsmouth at around 8.30pm. Fed and watered birds and waited for other transporter to arrive, then all birds were put on one transporter, ready for our journey to Guernsey. Left Cosham at 6.00am and drove a few miles to the docks. Booked in at around 7.00am. After all paperwork checks, we were given our boarding passes and went to gate 18 for the ferry.
Thurs 02.09/21 @ 23.00 hrs - Transferring birds Thursday night on to one transporter for Guernsey.
Thurs 02/09/21 @ 14.00 hrs - At Alveley Marking Station.